Dr. G's Weightloss
Medical Weight Loss Clinic located in Greenville, DE
When you struggle to lose weight on your own despite your best efforts, you may benefit from a physician-assisted weight loss program. Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness clinic in Greenville, Delaware, offers a proven weight loss program with a 20-year track record of success. For a consultation about their physician-assisted weight loss program, call the office or book an appointment online today.
Physician Supervised Weight Loss Q & A
What is Physician-Assisted Weight Loss?
Physician-assisted weight loss refers to a weight loss program that is designed and overseen by a physician. Also referred to as medical weight loss, this type of weight loss plan usually involves a comprehensive physical assessment, medications and supplements, a prescribed diet, and an exercise plan.
At Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness, the team strives to create weight loss plans that have the needs of each patient in mind and to support you every step of your journey to better health.
What are Benefits to Healthy Weight Loss?
When you are overweight, especially if your body mass index (BMI) is at or greater than 30, you are a much higher risk for a number of health conditions. Healthy weight loss holds many benefits, such as:
- Decreased risks for common disorders
- Increased energy levels
- Improved self-esteem and sense of wellbeing
- Improved blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved sleep and sexual function
- Overall improvement in your general state of health
In many cases, these health improvements can be seen with as little as 5-10 percent weight loss. Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness strives to help you see these, and many more benefits of your healthy weight loss.
What Does a Physician-Assisted Weight Loss Plan Entail?
The best weight loss plan is one that is created with you in mind. Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness uses a 5-step approach to your weight loss.
- Individualized Program: Each weight loss plan must be personalized and prepared specifically for your health history, body type, and weight loss goals.
- Comprehensive Medical Evaluation: To understand the way your body can best lose weight, it is important to understand as much as possible about you and your body.
- Eating Plan: Your physician creates a personalized meal plan that uses real food and incorporates Dr. G’s cleanse kit and proprietary herbal supplements, protein bars and shakes, vitamin supplements, and weight loss medications.
- Activity and Fitness Plan: Your physician works with you to develop a fitness plan that fits your preferred activity, lifestyle, and goals.
- Post-Treatment Maintenance Program: Once you have reached your weight loss goals, a customized plan is important to protect your new, improved health.
The team at Dr. G’s Weight Loss & Wellness is proud to encourage you in all your weight loss goals. For a personalized physician-assisted weight loss plan, call or book an appointment online today.